Serves up to 6. Preparation time 15 mins, cooking time about 15 mins.
- 600g raw large prawns (deveined and washed)
- 50g fresh wild garlic leaves (washed and roughly cut into strips)
- 200g baby leaf spinach (washed)
- 1/2 a jar of a Bim’s Kitchen curry sauce (we used African Tomato & Cashew Nut Curry Sauce)
- a 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- a 400ml tin of coconut milk
- a few good pinches of salt
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 500ml water (just boiled)
Gently heat the oil in a suitable pan. Add the tomatoes, curry sauce, coconut milk and water. Stir and bring to a gentle boil and then simmer for about 10 mins. Add salt and then the wild garlic leaves and simmer for a further minute. Add the prawns, stir and simmer for about 2 – 3mins till prawns are pink all over. Add spinach, stir and simmer for a minute. Check for salt. Serve with your preferred main (shown here with plain white rice. Try it with some warm bread, cous cous or boiled potatoes).