(serves 2-4. Preparation time 15 mins, cooking time 15 mins)
- 6 large eggs
- 5 tbsp sunflower oil
- 125g Black Smoke Mountain’s smoked chicken breast (thinly sliced and then cut into bite-size pieces)
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes (deseeded and thinly sliced)
- 1 large mushroom (thinly sliced)
- 100g fresh baby leaf spinach
- 1 tbsp Bim’s Kitchen Tomato & Tigernut Relish
- (optional) about 150g plain boiled potatoes (great use of leftovers!)
- a good pinch of salt
Pre-heat your oven grill.
Thoroughly beat the egg thoroughly in a large bowl then add the tomato & tigernut relish and a good pinch of salt and beat again. Set aside for at least 5 mins. Heat a non-stick frying pan. Add the sunflower oil and heat. Sauté the mushrooms with a pinch of salt for about 3 minutes until turning golden brown then add the potatoes (if using) and tomatoes. Sauté for a further 2 minutes minute then add the chicken and sautÈ for a further minute. Add the spinach and sauté for about 45 seconds until the leaves have just wilted.
Pour in the egg mixture and gently move around with a spoon to ensure it reaches the bottom of the pan and the ingredients are evenly spread. Cook on a moderate heat for about 3 minutes gently agitating the pan as it cooks.
Place the pan under the preheated grill for about 2 minutes (or until the egg has cooked to your preferred consistency).
Serve on its own or with some salad and/or bread.
TIP: For a different flavour, try our Chilli Coconut Relish in place of the Tomato & Tigernut Relish. For a delicious vegetarian version of this dish, just leave out the chicken and add more vegetables.