Serves up to 4. Preparation time 5 mins. Cooking time 20mins + pasta cooking time
- 500g dry pasta (we used Fuselli)
- 400g cooked crab meat
- a 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 – 2 tbsp Bim’s Kitchen African Chilli Coconut Relish (depending on how hot you like it!)
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200ml water
- 2 good pinches of demerara sugar
- salt to taste
- some chopped flat-leaf parsley
Cook the pasta according to its instructions, drain and set aside covered to keep it warm. In a suitable pan, gently heat the oil, tomato purÈe, sugar and balsamic vinegar and stirring continuously until the purÈe turns a darker shade of red, thickens and starts to separate (about 2 mins). Add the chilli coconut relish, cook and stir for 30 secs. Add the chopped tomatoes and water, stir and continue cooking over a moderate heat for a further 15 minutes.
Add the crab meat, gently stir and continue cooking for a minute. Add the pasta and parsley, mix through and cook for about 40 secs checking for salt and then serve while hot.