Serves 2. Prep time 5 mins, cooking time 7 mins.
- 500g cold cooked white rice
- 200g roughly chopped cooked beef/chicken/pork (left-over roasts are great)
- 200g frozen mixed vegetables (parboiled)
- 5 tbsp sunflower/Carotino oil
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 generous pinches of salt
Heat the oil over a gentle heat. Add the tomato purée, bbq sauce and salt and stir continuously for about 2 minutes until the sauce darkens and thickens. Add the cooked add cooked meat, raise the heat slightly and continuing to stir until meat is thoroughly coated and warmed through. Add the vegetables and continue stir-frying for a further 40 secs. Add the rice and stir through. Continue stir-frying for a further 3 minutes. Serve while hot.