Serves up to 4. Preparation time 15 mins, cooking time: 5 mins + about 5 hours in a slow cooker*.
- about 700g goat meat cut into large cubes
- 400g baby new potatoes (cut in half)
- 1 tbsp of cornflour
- 2 tbsps sunflower oil
- a jar of Bim’s Kitchen African Peanut Curry Sauce
- 240g baby leaf spinach (washed)
- a few good pinches of salt
Season the meat with the cornflour and a bit of salt. Add the sunflower oil to a heated pan and briefly brown the meat and then place in the slow cooker. Add the potatoes, pour over the whole jar of curry sauce and rinse with about 20ml water then gently mix together. Set the cooker to “high” and cook unopened for 4.5 hours. Then add and gently mix in the spinach and continue cooking on “low” for a further 30 mins.
Serve as a main dish or with plain rice or some naan bread.
TIP: this recipe also works well with our African Tomato & Cashew and African Chickpea & Moringa Curry sauces and you can use mutton instead of goat meat.
* we used the Crock-Pot® 5.7 Litre Slow Cooker (SCCPBPP605) for this recipe