(serves up to 6. Preparation time 15 mins, cooking time: 10 mins + about 4 hours in a slow cooker*)
- 450g mixed game meat cut into large cubes (ours was a pre-packed mix from our local butchers, Morgan’s Pori Gwych in Caerwys)
- 750g mixed root vegetables cut into large cubes (we used baby new potato, sweet potato, butternut squash)
- 150g mushrooms (sliced)
- 200g fresh cabbage or similar (sliced)
- 2 tsps of cornflour
- 2 tbsps sunflower oil
- a jar of Bim’s Kitchen Chickpea & Moringa Curry Sauce
- a few good pinches of salt
Season the meat with 1 tsp cornflour and a bit of salt. Add 1 tbsp of sunflower oil to a heated pan and briefly brown the meat and then place in the slow cooker. Add the other tbsp of sunflower oil to the same pan, heat and then sautÈ the mushrooms and add to the slow cooker. Add the root vegetables. Pour over the whole jar of curry sauce then mix the remaining cornflour with a bit of cold water to a smooth consistency and add to the cooker as well. Gently mix all the ingredients together. Set the cooker to “high” and cook unopened for 3 hours. Then add and gently mix in the cabbage and continue cooking unopened for a further hour.
Serve as a main dish or with plain rice or some warm bread.
TIP: this recipe also works well with our African Tomato & Cashew and African Peanut Curry sauces and you can use other meats instead of game.