Serves up to 6. Preparation time 10 mins, cooking time about 4- 6 hours in a slow cooker*).
- 1.5kg stewing beef trimmed and cut into large cubes
- 1kg mixed vegetables cut into large cubes\pieces (we used chestnut mushrooms and carrots)
- a bottle of Bim’s Kitchen African Baobab BBQ Sauce
- a few good pinches of salt
- (optional: if you want a thicker end sauce, 1-2 heaped teaspoons of corn flour mixed in a bit of cold water to a smooth consistency)
Place all the ingredients (including the corn flour mix if using) in your slow cooker and mix together. Set the cooker to “high” for 4 hours or “low” for 6 hours, cover and and cook.
Serve as a main dish or with plain rice, potatoes or some warm bread.
* we used the Crock-Pot 5.7 Litre Slow Cooker (SCCPBPP605) for this recipe.