Serves 2 or 3. Preparation time 5 minutes. Cooking time 10 minutes.
(by Pina at One Two Culinary Stew)
- 375g tagliatelle
- 50g unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 pinch of thyme, basil and oregano
- Small bunch fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp Bim’s Kitchen African Lemon, Garlic & Pepper Sauce
- 150g smoked salmon
- 300ml double cream
- Boil water for the tagliatelle in a large pot. While waiting for the water to boil, chop the parsley and dice the smoked salmon.
- Begin making the cream sauce as soon as you have added the pasta to the boiling water.
- Add 375g tagliatelle and cook as per package directions. This dish is best with the pasta cooked al dente.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter and mix in the flour. Cook for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Lower the heat and add the thyme, basil, oregano and a small handful of fresh parsley.
- Stir in 1 tbsp Bim’s Kitchen African Lemon, Garlic & Pepper Sauce.
- Over low heat, add the smoked salmon and slowly stir in the double cream. It is important to keep the heat low so the sauce doesn’t thicken. Do not let the cream sauce boil or even simmer.
- Keep stirring the sauce until it is time to drain the pasta. The sauce should be gently heated through at this point. Remove skillet from heat.
- Quickly add the drained tagliatelle to the skillet and coat with the sauce.
- Transfer the tagliatelle into serving plates. Top with more fresh parsley and serve immediately.